Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blogging

In this opening sentence, my backspace bar was used 13 times.

It seems I'm unable to publish anything less than a complete and total recreation of my thoughts. There are no estimates, no rambling, and hopefully few mistakes. But every time I write anything at all, I destroy it soon after. I can't stand re-reading my writing more than once because the more I look at it, the worse it seems to me. I regret ever putting my emotion on the page and just wish I could take it all back.

It's comparable to a few of the relationships I've been in. No matter how strong I feel during the duration of the relationship, comparable to the writing process, I always wish I could take it all back and save it for someone better.

From this point on, I've burned my last journal. Maybe I'll never even feel the need to. Let that be symbolic of the entire metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment