Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dad

Life has been hard on you hasn't it? It can't have been easy growing up in a home where your parents loved eachother and you. It must have been tough, receiving their support in everything you did; emotionally and financially.
NAT
With such a cushioned life, it's no surprise you cried every night after the divorce. Then two out of your three kids left you when you remarried, they abandoned you, left you alone with a new wife, a new town. They didn't love you anymore. They still don't. How does it feel to know you hurt the kids that lived with you for 14 fucking years so bad that they can't even love you anymore? We all idolized you.
I couldn't leave you though, I had to stay. When you remarried you changed. Discipline became abuse, happiness became anguish. And worst, you put her above all of us.
But I couldn't leave you. No, I thought you might change. Maybe it was just the novelty making you act that way. There was no way you could reasonably do these things to us.
So, when you were on the ground, screaming for help, there I was. I knelt
down and offered you my hand. But instead of picking yourself back up, you pulled yourself on to my shoulders. Every day I carried both our weights. I carried you and what did you do? You beat me, you whipped me, and while my back remained strong, my heart was shattered. Never again will I carry you.

"Did you ever think of me?
You're so considerate."

No comments:

Post a Comment