Monday, November 23, 2009

Tying Another Knot

Consider life as a rope.
As we progress through, we uncoil a rope behind us. The rope follows us as far as we walk forward.
When we look back at our lives' ropes, we see knots tied tight at various points. These knots are problems, confrontations, any situations that made our lives more tangled.
Each interaction and relationship we have during the course of any given day is representative of the other person/people stepping over our rope, twining their lives with our own.
FUCKGODDAMMIT STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY FUCKING ILLUSIONS FOR FUCK'S SAKE I HATE YOU FOR THIS
Do I have mental tourettes(sp?) if that often pops in to my head but I don't say it out loud?
Anyway, (anyways isn't a word, it's slang)
We can backtrack on our ropes. Run our hands along the intricate weave of millions of fibres, experiences, in the rope. The rope rests on the ground. Logically, as do the knots. As we move back on our rope we can pick up the knots, palm them, feel the coarse fibre tied so brutally and tight. But when we pick the knots up, the rope rises. And when the rope rises, the people we interact with every day trip over it.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD
Therein the problem lies. How can we backtrack and untie our knots without tripping the people around us? How do we stop their ropes and ask for help? I don't knoooooooowww. I've devoted my life to untying a few people's knots though. And in turn I've made new knots for myself, tied existing knots tighter, but also felt knots loosen. Maybe we needn't backtrack. Maybe our actions in the present can untie our knots in the past? Live our lives in the now. Let ourselves feel the pleasure of the moment. Tarnish not our present and future with the past.
Not where I expected that to go but revelations like that are neat sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment